Sell Properties in Miami Florida
5 Things to Ask Your Realtor
When looking for a great real estate agent, there are many things that you’ll have to consider. Your ideal agent will be knowledgeable about your local market, experienced, and have a plethora of connections to navigate you through the home sale process. Here are some important questions that you should ask your real estate agent before you decide to buy your home with them:
Do you work full-time or part-time?
Some agents work full time and some work part time, so you’ll want to find out what to expect. Obviously, if your agent is working part time because it’s their side job, they may be more difficult to contact at certain times. If this is the case, you’ll want to figure out a set time that you can call them during the week and ask your self the following question: Would you really trust a part-time agent to advise you in what it could be your biggest investment?
How many years of education and experience do you have?
Typically, experience and a record of continued education is a sign of a seasoned agent that you can count on. Of course you can also find a great agent that does not have extensive education, but it certainly helps to know in your initial search.
Are you an agent or a broker?
Agents that are brokers have taken additional education classes and have earned a broker’s license. A broker may have more experience and may hold responsibility over other agents that are working under them.
How many transactions did you close last year?
If your agent has closed a good number of transactions, you can assume that they have the experience to get the job done. Having this track record is a good sign that your agent knows the what they are doing and has the right contacts.
What percentage of your clients are buyers versus sellers?
You want to make sure your agent has the available time needed to find your new home but also having properties for sale which could be whiting the range and area that you as buyer are looking for.
When it comes to asking your agent questions, don’t be shy! There are tons of questions that you can ask that will aid you in your decision to choose who represents you. If you’re a first time home buyer, take advantage of these questions to help find the best agent that fits your needs.
This Will Most Likely Happen
- The buyer will negotiate 2-5 times on this transaction. They will negotiate the purchase price, the inspection, potentially the appraisal, the final walk-thru.
- You will want to tell your friends and family about your experience on social media sites. Don’t!
- The property might not appraise for what you are selling it for.
- The agent will miss scheduled appointments, and not call or not show up.
- Appointments will be made and cancelled at the last minute.
- The agent on the sign will be in witness protection and will not return any phone calls.
- Don’t get a promotion don’t start now.
- Some showings will last about five minutes and some showings will last 3 hours.
- There will be a day when I call you and say someone wants to see your house, and you are going to ask me when, and I am going to say, pull your curtains back, they are sitting outside now.
- I am going to call you 3 minutes before your showings and cancel, sometimes 20 minutes after.
- Agents are going to make appointments at the very LAST minute.
- We are even going to call you with a buyer sitting outside your door.
- Agents are going to knock on your door, or even drive by and see you in the yard, and ask can they see your house (if this happens, call me).
- Expect lots of low ball offers (at least it is a starting point).
- The buyers may lose their job or worse yet quit during the mortgage process.
If you want to know more about the real estate market, you can view these articles:
If you have questions about How to Invest in Miami and South Florida, or questions about the real estate market in Miami and South Florida, contact us.