How To Speed a House Sale “48 Steps”
As you start to prepare to sell your home, here are 48 steps to help speed up that process.
Total Time: 5 days
1. Have a Realtor®, interior decorator or professional organizer walk through your home to evaluate what needs to be updated, repaired or removed.
2. Patch damaged walls.
3. Replace cracked floor tiles.
4. Oil squeaky doors.
5. Fix sticky windows.
6. Fix leaky faucets and toilets.
7. Re-caulk tubs and sinks.
8. Replace broken windows and screens.
9. Replace cabinet knobs and pulls.
10. Update lighting fixtures, if needed.
11. Update blinds, if needed.
12. Replace faucets and shower heads,if needed.
13. Paint the interior in neutral colors.
14. Paint exterior doors and window trim.
15. Paint shutters.
16. Repaint exterior, if needed.
17. Take down heavy window treatments that block light.
18. Wash all windows.
19. Increase the wattage of light bulbs.
20. Replace dark lamp shades.
21. Remove family photos.
22. Store knickknacks.
23. Thin out the books on your shelves.
24. Empty kitchen counters.
25. Place out-of-season clothing in storage.
26. Rent a storage unit to store unneeded items.
27. Organize pantry.
28. Organize closets.
29. Organize basement.
30. Organize garage and shed.
31. Clean all interior surfaces.
32. Wash windows and doors.
33. Air out and clean in cabinets and under sinks.
34. Power wash exterior of house and sidewalks.
35. Clean outdoor furniture.
36. Clean porch lights of cobwebs and debris.
Hide Signs of Pet
37. Remove pet smells.
38. Hide pet food and bowls.
39. Take pets for a walk during showings or send them to day care during open houses.
40. Reduce the amount of furniture in each room.
41. Organize furniture to create seating areas and give each part of the home a purpose.
42. Place cut flowers around home during showings.
Prune and Landscape
43. Remove dead plants.
44. Prune or replace overgrown shrubs.
45. Fill open spots with seasonal flowers.
46. Add fresh mulch to beds.
47. Make sure front porch/ entryway is clean and inviting.
48. Use outdoor furniture to create inviting spaces.
If you want to know more about the real estate market, you can view these articles: